Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.This is the second article in a 6-part series on Kids’ Health Tips from Dr. Erik Bostrom, family physician at Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin. Bedwetting is common among young children. About 40 percent of 3-year-olds wet the bed. Sometimes a child’s bladder is simply not developed enough […]
Imagine a morning commute that takes you past sparkling lakes and through the beautiful north woods. You arrive at your office, a state-of-the art healthcare center equipped with the latest technology in patient care and management. This is where your professional aspirations come together with the quality of life you are looking for.
Riverwood Healthcare Center is an independent, fully integrated health system with three primary care clinics and a 5-star rated Critical Access Hospital. We offer our patients all single-occupancy hospital rooms, a deluxe birthing center, and state-of-the-art ICU. Our hospital has a team of dedicated emergency care physicians who maintain certifications in advanced cardiac and trauma care to provide a high level of emergency medical service. See special designations for trauma care, advanced life support and cardiac care below.
Join our growing practice of over 35 physicians, specialists and surgeons, which includes the 2013 Minnesota Family Practice Physician of the Year and the 2014 Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year.
- 25-bed Critical Access hospital
- Level III Trauma Center
- Level I Heart Attack Hospital
- Affiliated with Minneapolis Heart Institute
- Affiliated with Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Comprehensive Advanced Life Support Hospital
- Employee wellness values – on-site fitness center
- 3 full-service clinics – Aitkin, Garrison & McGregor
- Rated top 100 Critical Access Hospitals nationally
- Joint Commission Accreditation/Gold Seal of Approval
- Serving a community of over 16,000
- Community grows to 100,000 on summer weekends
- Focus on provider & community education programs
- High Family Practice physician engagement survey scores
The Latest News
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.Dr. Joselito Burgos, internal medicine physician and chief of medical staff for Riverwood Healthcare Center, was interviewed on KKIN Radio about stroke awareness on May 24. Here are key points that he shared. A stroke is an emergency. You need to act F.A.S.T. Facial drooping? Arm weakness? […]
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin, Minn., was recently named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) in the country. These 20 rural hospitals, including Riverwood, scored highest among critical access hospitals nationwide on iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength Index™, the first nationwide hospital rating system […]